Thursday, November 6, 2008

Realizing what we have



This past Tuesday my sweet friend Julie Nawrot had a seizure while driving and hit a tree head on, killing her instantly. She was on her way home from a doctors appointment when it happened. She leaves behind her husband Jeff and her two sweet children Siera and Cooper. I have know Julie for about 11 years and will miss her dearly. She was so full of life and by far the loudest person I know. She was the friend who would do anything for anyone. I got to spend many fun times with Julie over the years and have so many crazy memories. I can still hear her saying MISS WENDY! You always knew when she entered a room.

Having had a lot of loss in my life, I know too well how hard it is to lose someone you love. My heart aches for her family. It seems that over the past few weeks I have had numerous chances to see past my trials and to find blessings. I have realized how much I am loved and how much I love others. I have seen the light of Christ shine through so many people in so many different ways. I have seen the importance of service and how it feels to be served and to serve. How often do we forget what we have? Do we get so caught up in the little things that we forget about what is really important? Do the people we love know how much we love them? What if today was our last day on earth. Would we be ok with how we were leaving things? I am not sure if I would be. I need to be more forgiving of the people who have hurt me. I need to tell the people that I love, that I love them more often than I do. I need to put more effort into my callings and my job. I need to read my scriptures more and I need to pray more. I need to not put off things that need to be done because I might not have a chance because tomorrow I could be gone.

I am comforted in knowing that Julie is in a good place. I know she is up in heaven just making everyone laugh there pants off! My life is better because I knew her.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I am so sorry, Wendy. How sad to lose a beautiful friend. Your post touched me alot. None of us know when that "one moment" will take our lives--I know I need to love more, forgive more, do more, and be more. Thank you for the tender reminder. I am sorry for the sadness you are going through right now. You are loved. Alot.

Jill Taylor said...

I'm also so sorry Wendy! It sounds like we need another girls night out soon! I hope I can react like you when I lose someone close. You really have a strong testimony, thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

Wendy, I'm so sorry for your loss of your dear friend. I hope you will feel the comfort of the Holy Ghost to sustain you while you mourn her loss. I love you and admire you so much!

Jess said...

My condolences, Wendy. She sounds like a great person and friend. We're so lucky to have an eternal perspective!

Wendy Bird said...

Thanks everyone for the sweet messages. I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends. Lots of love