Monday, March 30, 2009

The First Quarter



Well it's almost April which means the year is 1/4th of the way over already!!!!! It's been a busy 3 months.........






Most recently, my team took 1st place at the 2009 State Meet this past weekend in St. George. Our biggest competition was Olympus School of Gymnastics and we have been taking turns beating each other the entire season. Going into the second session we were down 2 points and and to hit big in order to get ahead. Our final event was floor and we were still down 8 tenths. The kids did their best but it came down to our last gymnast. I told her this was one of those Olympic moments where the commentator was telling us that this gymnast had to hit or it was all over for the US team. I told her to put all her heart into it and that was all she could do. We did not know it at the time, but She needed to score a 9.525 to tie us up. The judges were not giving anything away on floor and we knew we needed something big. She performed a beautiful routine and we anxiously awaited her score. Someone decided to answer our prayers because she scored a 9.6 which put us at a 111.875. That was enough to edge us over Olympus. We won by less than a tenth. It was one of the most proud moments of my career. Not so much that we won, but that we came back and fought so hard for it. It was an amazing day.
As usual Yoda Came to support the team. He has always been our good luck charm!
The most fun thing of the winter was getting reconnected with some of my best friends from Jr. high. Yes folks, Facebook is responsible for it. I can't really remember how it all happened, but i went to dinner with 5 girls who I have known for over 20 years and not seen for a very long time, and it's like we never stopped hanging out. It was so much fun! Now we get together every month for a girl's night and just spend the whole night laughing. I had not seen my friend Tiffany since 9th grade. She was one of my very best friends then and I feel the same way about her now. We go to lunch and I teach her daughter in gymnastics now and it's just so much fun. The strangest thing is that they are all married and have at least 3 kids each. We are old!!! However, I am so behind haha. I still think of all of us as kids running around causing trouble and I think that's how I will always see us. Anyway, it's been a blessing to have these wonderful girls come back into my life.
Well, Other than traveling to Las Vegas, California, Logan, Provo, Park City, and St. George over the past 3 months, all the laughing with the girls, all the shoveling, it's been a pretty chill winter haha. I am looking forward to a WARM WARM summer and lots of fun!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Congratulations! That's such a great story! Sounds like a great movie. :) It's cool you still keep in touch with all of your old friends. Girl nights are always so fun!

Bonnie said...

Congrats! What lucky girls to have you as a coach!

Happy Anniversary! How many years has it been? Wasn't it at conference time? What a blessing your baptism has been to all of us!

Jess said...

Amen to Bonnie's comments! I am jealous of all your fun trips, but what happened to that WARM, WARM summer???