Thursday, December 25, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well Christmas has now come and gone. The "Festivas for the rest of us" has come to an end. It's hard to believe that it will be the year 2009! It seems like yesterday we were waiting to see what would happen when 2000 hit. All the hype and anticipation and now it's 9 years later.

I am not one to usually set New Year's resolutions, probably because I can never seem to keep them, but this year I am trying something new. There are many areas of my life that need some serious work!!! I find myself just floating along not thinking much about the future. So, with that said, I am going to start looking at these important things from a spiritually futuristic point of view.

WORK: Well, it's time to really think about how I am going to take care of myself as I get older. Now I know I am not old yet, but I am also not getting any younger. Is my Career giving me what I need financially? Am I being provided with the things I need such as benefits and growth? Most importantly am I doing what Heavenly Father wants me to do? Am I listening to Him? I would like to think that I will someday find that "special someone" to make sure all these things are taken care of which leads me into the next part of my life I need to work on......

DATING: AHHHHHHHH!!!! Is what I have to say about that!!! It's killing me to think of things I need to do to get this part of my life going. Oh the agony of all the first dates yet to come. I just might have to suck it up and go to the 31 - 45 singles ward........I know I know you all have your opinion on this issue. Unless you can arrange for mister right to fall into my lap here pretty soon, I have no other choice!!!

SCHOOL: Not to get going on the whole economy thing, but my line of work has no guarantees of being around if things get bad. Extracurricular activities will not be a priority. So, with that in mind I have decided to go back to school and figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I graduated college with a degree that I really don't want to go in to. Just my luck. I have not decided exactly what I will be doing yet so I have postponed my original start date from this Spring to this Fall. Lots of my credits will transfer, but I will also lose a lot cause it's been awhile since I have been in school. Just the thought of taking tests makes me gag, but I really feel like it's what I need to do.

HOME: Even in my quaint little area that I live in there should be some order. I must get organized!!!!! So wish me luck. We are told to have a house of order so that's what I am going to have......someday......maybe in 10 years haha

NEW STUFF vs OLD STUFF: I need to do more things that stimulate my brain. I just might start piano lessons or start playing the violin again. Or I might do something brand new that I have not the slightest clue of how to do it. I am up for any suggestions.

MOVEMENT: For the love!!!!! I need to do something to get my fat butt back in shape! I hate running so that is out out out so there will be no more Triathlons for me! I will come and take pictures of all you freaks as you cross the finish line and I will cheer my brains out but I WILL NOT RUN ANYMORE!!!! So I am just going to stick to biking and swimming and maybe some tennis? Whatever I decide to do, I just need to do it!

ART: Not drawing. Not painting. Not sculpting. Not things that you have to have talent for. Just taking pictures. I LOVE to take pictures. I need to do it more often. Not just of people, but going out and just shooting away. It's my most favorite thing in the whole world to do.

READING: I HATE TO READ!!!! So my goal is to read 1 book every 2 months. I only like history books and autobiographies of people I find interesting. All the letters and words....they just don't like to stay in my head for more than a few seconds. I think I can do it. That's 6 whole books!!!!!

So that's what I am focusing on this year. I am sure I will learn a lot about things I don't really want to know about, but it will make me a better person and lead me in the right direction.

Have a very Happy and relaxing New Year............

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Awesome goals girl!!!
Going back to school??? How about nursing?...that's a fantastic career :)
AND I would LOVE to read history and autobiographies!!! I'll read the same book you are and then we can have a discussion about it afterwards...oh yah, like a book club. Honestly those are the types of books I'm interested in.
Here's to a GREAT 2009!!!!

Bonnie said...

Great goals!! (some of the same ones I have!) And by the way--Photography IS an ART!! Just about anyone can "take pictures" with a little digital--but it takes an ARTIST to understand light and settings, etc and to CREATE beautiful pictures.
You're great. Maybe we should take piano lessons together.

Julie said...

Wow, you are very ambitious. I'm inspired by your great example. It is easy to loose focus of my goals. I like that we can refocus every Sunday. Good luck to you on accomplishing your righteous goal and desires!

Kristi said...

Sweet.... always good to have a plan! Maybe I need to do that :)
You forgot one thing.... a really nice tropical vacation!

rosanne said...

Want me to get one of Dave's autobiographies? Interesting reading, anyway. Ever thought of Physical therapy? I could totally see you working with little old ladies or cute little kids...getting them to do stuff they don't think they can do (which is what you already do, minus the little old lady part) You should talk to Clay about PT assisting anyway...and the pay is pretty good besides!

Jess said...

Looks like you are starting your New Year off right! I will keep my fingers crossed for you with Mr. R and if you ever need a tennis partner, let me know. I am mediocre at best, but would love to play anytime.